06 Oct Rewilding: Tapping into the power of nature — 1% for the Planet
We’re proud members of 1% for the Planet, and are also members of its UK Steering Committee. We’re excited to invite you to the following free webinar event.
Thu, 29 October 2020
12:00 – 13:00 GMT
About this Event
1% for the Planet has invited Rewilding Britain‘s Chief Executive, Rebecca Wrigley, to explain what rewilding is and its role in allowing flora and fauna to find a natural balance.
She will walk us through rewilding projects and show their impact.
The charity Rewilding Britain wants rewilding to flourish across Britain — to tackle the climate emergency and extinction crisis, reconnect people with the natural world, and help individuals and communities thrive with new opportunities.
- Reverse the loss of biodiversity in large core areas of land and sea
- Restore ecosystems to a functional and resilient state
- Reignite people’s passion for the natural world
- Revitalise local economies in ways that work ecologically
- Reintegrate nature and society for the benefit of both
- Reintroduce key missing species where it makes sense
After her talk, there will be a chance for you to ask Rebecca questions.
The event will be introduced by James Bidwell, Chair of Re_Set and the UK 1% Steering Committee, and facilitated by Fred Clarke of MOJU.
Rewilding Britain and Rewilding Europe are both nonprofit partners of 1% for the Planet.